Nepal is a country where time is almost irrelevant. The Nepali people generally take their time in getting things done. They are quite used to sitting around for hours waiting for paperwork to be processed. They are equally as prepared to wait for days for a delayed flight or a broken down bus. While this is a part of the life and experience of Nepal, travellers on a tight schedule and/or a tight budget may find these delays frustrating, stressful and a possible detraction from the enjoyment of their time in Nepal.Having your itinerary organised by a local trekking company such as Different Treks can give you peace of mind while we sort out any hassles. We like to ensure that your holiday experience in our beautiful country is one of good memories by having:
- No waiting around for the paperwork.
- No waiting for seats on buses or planes (allowing of course for weather conditions - it does snowhere!).
- All permits organised in advance.
- All entry fees, trekking fees pre-paid.
- Alternative itinerary, accommodation or transport arranged if you encounter bad weather, cancelled flights etc.
- No problems with food or water - all prepared hygienically by your cook and kitchen crew.
- No heavy packs to carry.
- A guaranteed place to sleep each night.
- Camping, cooking and eating essentials provided.
- Supplies and staff hassles dealt with by the Sirdar.
- Close contact with Nepali people through your crew.
- Interaction with village people with song and dance evenings.
- No time wasted in taking wrong trails and having to backtrack.
- The opportunity to make lifelong friendships with Guide and porters having a well earned rest members of the trekking crew.
- Access to trekking trails not usually frequented by trekkers.
- Great evening entertainment with other trekkers often joining in with your group.
- The satisfaction of contributing to the local economy through the employment of the trekking crew, purchasing of food and other essentials.